The village is now bypassed by the A24 as it crosses the South Downs: the bypass was constructed in 1938. A modern settlement to the south of the village, inside the boundary of the Borough of Worthing is called Findon Valley.

The parish church, dedicated to St John the Baptist, stands to the west of the village and the A24 road near the 18th century mansion Findon Place. The church is built of flint to an unusual design, the nave and north aisle having been given a single span roof with king-posts resting on the arcade, probably in the 15th century.

 

Findon is a village and civil parish in the Arun District of West Sussex, 4 miles (6.4 km) north of Worthing.

The parish has an area of 6⅓ square miles and a population of 1,848 persons (2001 census).

The village itself lies between two hills; Cissbury with its iron age hill fort to the east and Church Hill to the west. On both hills there are remains of stone age flint mines where shafts were sunk about 40 feet (12 metres) to reach the best seams of flint which were mined from radiating galleries.

The village is now bypassed by the A24 as it crosses the South Downs: the bypass was constructed in 1938. A modern settlement to the south of the village, inside the boundary of the Borough of Worthing is called Findon Valley.

The parish church, dedicated to St John the Baptist, stands to the west of the village and the A24 road near the 18th century mansion Findon Place. The church is built of flint to an unusual design, the nave and north aisle having been given a single span roof with king-posts resting on the arcade, probably in the 15th century.

 

The village has a small primary school, situated on School Hill, called Saint John the Baptist. It boasts many annual events, including a fireworks display and May Day celebrations.

The parish includes the hamlet of Nepcote on the east side of the village. Nepcote Green is the venue for the annual Findon sheep fair held in early September.